• 1947-48 First Indo Pakistan War
Partition of Kashmir
• 1962 India China War
Victory for China
• 1965 Second Indo Pakistan War
Victory for India
• 1971 Third Indo Pakistan War ( Bangladesh Liberation War)
Liberation of Bangladesh (Victory for India)
• 1999 Kargil War
Victory for India
Major Operations of Kargil
Indian Army- Operation Vijay
Indian Air Force- Operation SafedSagar
Indian Navy- Operation Talwar
Operation Polo (1948)
• Operation polo is the code name of the Hyderabad “police action” in 1948 by the newly independent India against the Hyderabad State. It ended the rule of the Nizam of Hyderabad & led to the incorporation of the princely state of Hyderabad in the Indian union.
Operation Vijay (1961)
• The operation by the Military of India that led to the capture of Goa, Daman and Diu and Anjidiv Islands from the Portuguese colonial holding in 1961.
Operation Trident & Operation Python (1971)
• Operation Trident and Operation Python were offensive operations launched by the Indian Navy on Pakistan’s port city of Karachi during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
• The operation was conducted on 4-5 Dec and inflict huge damage to Pakistan navy with no damage to Indian Navy.
• It resulted in strategic Indian naval victory and partial naval blockade on Pakistan.
• India Navy celebrates its Navy Day annually on 4 December to mark this operation.
Operation Pawan- Sri Lankan Civil War (1987-1990)
• Operation Pawan was the code name assigned to the operation by Indian Peace keeping Force to take control of Jaffna from the Liberation Tiger of Tamil Eelam better known as Tamil tiger.
• The Tamil Tigers had fought to establish a Tamil homeland, separate from Sri Lanka, in the northern and eastern portion of Ceylon (Tamil Eelam).
Operation Cactus (1988)
• Indian armed forces oust Tamil nationalist who insighted a coup in Male in the Maldives.
• Decisive Indian/Maldivian victory Government rule restored in Maldives.
Operation Parakram (2001)
• The 2001–2002 India–Pakistan standoff was a military standoff between India and Pakistan that resulted in the massing of troops on either side of the border and along the Line of Control (LoC) in the region of Kashmir after successful detonation of nuclear weapon by both countries in 1998.
• This resulted in terrorist attack on Indian parliament in year 2001.
Operation Ocean Shield (2009- till date)
• It is an antipiracy initiative in Indian Ocean.
• It began on 17th Aug 2009 after being approved by national Atlantic council.
• Operation Ocean Shield focuses on protecting the ships of Operation Allied Provider, which are transporting relief supplies as part of the World Food Programme’s mission in the region.
• This operation is mainly for Indian Ocean, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea & red sea.
Operation Raahat (2015)
• Operation Raahat was an operation of the Indian Armed Forces to evacuate Indian citizens and other foreign nationals from Yemen during the 2015 military intervention by Saudi Arabia and its allies in that country during the Yemeni Crisis.
• The air evacuation was started by Indian Air force & Air India.
• More than 4600 Indian citizens in Yamen were evacuated along with 900(approx.) foreign citizens from 41 different countries.
Operation Maitri (2015)
• It is an operation started by Indian armed forces in the aftermath of April 2015 Nepal earthquake.
• Its main objective was undertaking relief and rescue operations in Nepal.
• It was planned by Indian defence forces & National Disaster Response Force.
• It was started within 15 minutes of earthquake.
Operation All Clear (2015)
• It was a military operation conducted by Royal Bhutan Army against Assam separatist.
• It was executed with the help of Indian defence forces.
Operation Sankat Mochan (2016)
• It was an operation of the Indian Air Force to evacuate Indian citizens and other foreign nationals from South Sudan during the South Sudanese Civil War.
• Two C-17 Globemaster was employed to evacuate.
• Around 600 Indian citizens from south Sudan & 400 Indian citizens from Juba and other countries were evacuated.
Operation Calm Down (2016)
• Operation calm down aimed at cleaning Kashmir militants & demonstrators.
Don’t forget to share this article!